In January 2019, we were brought on to rebuild ARA’s website and to develop its web presence. The rebuild process began in February, with the final launch of the new and rebranded ARA website on September 30, 2019, at an event at the Alaska Native Science & Engineering Program Academy Building on the UAA campus. The launch was a tremendous success, and, to date, the website continues to be very well received. The website design is:
- Responsive – It is mobile, tablet and desktop friendly,
- Optimized for Search – This is a broad topic, but in a general sense the website is technically built correctly (i.e. Use of title tags, image alt tags, no duplicate content, no broken links, use of internal linking is good, and it is optimized for speed, etc.)
- Focused on Usability – The site navigation and content are clear and easy to understand.
- Accessible – It is important to always ensure that websites are accessible so that handicap or impaired individuals can access the site content. ARA’s new website meets these accessibility standards.
- Fast – The site loads in under three seconds. A website’s load speed is a factor in SEO and improves usability.
- Secure – The website is now hosted at WP Engine (https://wpengine.com). WP Engine is a premium WordPress hosting with a focus on-site security.
Thank you to the ANCSA Regional Association for the opportunity to be part of this project.